The 2013 conference will, once again, offer more than 60 breakout sessions. Content will include:
- Basics of Jostens Renaissance® and how to get started
- Advanced topics like taking a program to the next level and ways to track improvements in school
- Answers about increasing staff morale, engaging all faculty members, and involving parents
- Leadership skills with examples that can guide your school in the right direction
- Fundraising and budgeting ideas for your Jostens Renaissance program
- Rallies and recognition of positive results and behavior at your school
- Topics that impact your school community
Educators, earn credit toward your graduate degree by attending the Jostens Renaissance National Conference!
Turn your conference experience into graduate credit! For the third year, Jostens has teamed with the University of Wisconsin-River Falls, a highly acclaimed institution with a long-standing reputation for teaching excellence, to offer the opportunity to earn between one and three graduate credits.
- Earn one graduate credit by attending conference sessions and activities, a pre-conference meeting on Thursday morning, and a post-conference debrief on Saturday. [Tuition $300 USD]
- Earn two graduate credits by participating in the above requirements and completing a paper describing how you will apply the information learned in your educational setting. [Tuition $600 USD]
- Earn three graduate credits by participating in the above requirements and developing an implementation or enhancement plan for Jostens Renaissance at your school. Then, submit a paper detailing the influence and impact the Jostens Renaissance-based plan had upon your school. [Tuition $900 USD]
Tim Holleran, Ph.D., a professor of elementary and middle-level education in the UW-River Falls College of Education and Professional Studies, will be your instructor. He has taught courses in elementary, middle and secondary education, as well as counselor education for the past 26 years at the UW-River Falls.
When registering for the conference, you can also indicate your interest in earning graduate credit. The cost of tuition is discounted to $300 USD per credit. There is no admissions fee. If you have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, you can take this course. You will receive more information, including an application and registration form, at the conference.
"This was my 4th time attending and it is remarkable that you are able to maintain the high caliber from year to year."
"The sessions I attended focused on how I can not only be a better educator, but how to be a better person. I wasn't expecting that. Thank you."
"This conference is always great! Excellent speakers, excellent sessions, and excellent extras!"
"The broad range of sessions accommodates the "newbie" as well as those people who have been involved with Jostens Renaissance for a number of years. I was a "newbie" and now it all makes sense to me. It truly was a wonderful experience to see all the excitement from those attending, pick up new ideas to take back to my school."
"The conference addressed specific points of interest, questions and suggested answers…the speakers were engaging and genuine…"
"This conference reminds us as educators how to teach children – not just to teach to a test, or a subject, or an ability. I came with 8 teachers and we ALL came back excited about our year ahead and cannot wait for another reminder from Jostens next year."
"The Jostens Renaissance National Conference is like a professional revival — designed for all levels of teachers, from a 1st year teacher to those who've been teaching for 25+ years."
One educator stated, "For me, the breakout sessions were the most valuable [part of the conference] because that is where I received ideas that I can bring back and use at my school."