What To Expect
All-night parties usually start 60 to 90 minutes after the ceremony so that graduates can take photos and change into casual clothes. Transportation is provided when the graduation takes place at a location other than the school.
Looking for more info on graduation ceremonies? Check out our High School Graduation Ceremony Guide.
How To Make It Happen
Parent volunteers bring all-night graduation parties to life. An event of this size takes a lot of support, effort and coordination. Most school graduation parties are hosted by volunteer parent committees. In many towns, parents of all seniors are expected to participate in the graduation party in some ways.
The key players:
- Event chairpeople: Responsible for overseeing the entire event.
- Treasurer: Develops budgets, processes ticket revenue, pays bills, provides a budget summary once the graduation party is over.
- Secretary: Handles communications, notes on progress, and provides a summary for the next year’s team.
- Team captains and members: Responsible for decorations, selling tickets, soliciting donations.
- Set-up crew: Decorates the space, gets food and drinks in place.
- Chaperones: Welcome attendees, run games, serve food, introduce entertainment, hand out prizes.
- Safety and security: Patrol “off limits” areas, including parking lots and restrooms. A parent who is a medical professional should be recruited to be on hand in case of a need for first aid or emergency care.
- Clean-up crew: Take down decorations, dispose of trash, clean space.
How To Keep The Celebration Going
An all-night graduation party works best when there are several different activities to keep the party alive. Depending on your school’s budget and whether or not your party has a theme, you can schedule different events throughout the evening.
Possible ideas include:
- Slide show of photos of graduates and photos that tell the class’s stories
- Handwriting analyst
- A dance with a DJ or band
- Photo booth or photography studio
- Carnival games
- Basketball, volleyball, or other gymnasium sports
- A baby picture contest
Your Graduation Destination
Jostens is the place for all things graduation. Looking for cool ways to rep your class? There’s a guide for that. What about ways to make your graduation speech sing? We have that, too. Click below for more ways you can celebrate this time with pride.