What are the different metal choices?
Jostens offers a variety of metal choices
including white and yellow gold, and lustrium.
Gold - Jostens offers gold in 2 colors and 3 karat qualities:
- Yellow Gold - Because of its durability and
lasting value over time, gold is a wise investment.
Gold has been the standard for jewelry for over 4000 years.
- White Gold - Has the same lasting qualities and
value as yellow gold, but different metal.
- 18K: - 75% pure gold, 25% metal alloy.
- 14K: - 58.5% pure gold, 41.5% metal alloy.
- 10K: - 41.7% pure gold, 58.3% metal alloy.
Lustrium - A non-precious metal alloy that is silver in color. It is a hard metal and fairly durable, but does not have the same value and characteristics as gold and platinum. Lustrium will react to oxygen and thus may require additional care and cleaning.
Lustrium - Same characteristics as Lustrium, but yellow in color because of coating with 23 karat yellow gold.
*Nickel is included in the following metal mixes: Lustrium®, Yellow Lustrium®, and all white gold.