- On October 4, 2004, an affiliate of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. and affiliates of DLJ Merchant Banking Partners III, L.P. (DLJMBP III) completed a series of transactions that, through Visant Corporation ("Visant"), created a marketing and publishing services enterprise by consolidating Jostens, Von Hoffmann Corporation and Arcade Marketing.
- On July 29, 2003, CSFB Private Equity and Jostens announced that DLJMBP III (a fund managed by CSFB Private Equity) completed its acquisition of the stock of Jostens from Investcorp, MidOcean Partners and other Jostens shareholders for approximately $48 per share of common stock.
- On May 10, 2000, Investcorp, Deutsche Bank and members of senior management of the company purchased approximately 94% of Jostens' shares for $25.25 per share. After the completion of such transactions, Jostens was delisted from the New York Stock Exchange and the ticker symbol JOS expired.
- Mr. Otto Josten founded the company in 1897 as a watch repair business in Owatonna, MN. The company went public in 1959 and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange from June 16, 1965 until May 10, 2000.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements made in this site constitute "forward-looking statements". Forward-looking statements are not historical facts, but rather predictions and generally can be identified by use of statements that include such words as "may", "might", "will", "should", "estimate", "project", "plan", "anticipate", "expect", "intend", "outlook", "believe" and other similar expressions that are intended to identify forward-looking statements and information. We may also make written or oral forward-looking statements in press releases and other written materials and in oral statements made by our officers, directors or employees to third parties. These forward-looking statements are based on estimates and assumptions by our management that, although we believe to be reasonable, are inherently uncertain and subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. In light of these risks and uncertainties, the matters referred to in the forward-looking statements may not in fact occur. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they are made, and we undertake no obligation to update publicly or revise any of them in light of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, those included in Visant's periodic and other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For additional information regarding forward-looking statements, please see Visant's Web site at http://www.visant.net/financial-recent.asp.
Summary of Disclosure Policy
Visant's policy prohibits the selective disclosure of material, non-public information about Visant and its affiliated companies. This applies to communications by senior management, investor relations and public relations professionals, and any person directed by a member of senior management to make a disclosure. The policy is intended to cover communications to securities market professionals and to holders of Visant securities, including:
- Securities analysts
- Brokers, dealers and traders
- Debt holders, bondholders and stockholders
- Others who may be reasonably expected to trade Visant's securities based on being advised of the material, non-public information
In compliance with Regulation FD, Visant will not disclose material non-public information on a selective basis and it will use press releases and conference calls as its primary means of communicating to market professionals and holders of Visant's securities.
Visant generally will hold its earnings conference calls with its investors and the general public on the same day that it releases its press release highlighting its financial results or shortly thereafter. Visant's website will include notice of conference calls to discuss quarterly earnings and other events of significance. The notice will include the time and the date of the conference call and instructions on how to access the call via Internet webcasting. In addition, the company will make available a replay of its conference calls for a period of time following the conference call.
For additional information regarding the disclosure policy, please see Visant's Web site at http://www.visant.net/financial-recent.asp.
For additional Investor Relations information, please see Visant's Web site at http://www.visant.net/financial-recent.asp.