JOSTENS CLASS OF 2025 DESIGN CHALLENGE CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS PROMOTION IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL AND LOCAL LAWS.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH SURVEYMONKEY®, INSTAGRAM®, TWITTER®, OR FACEBOOK®. BY ENTERING, ENTRANTS RELEASE SURVEYMONKEY, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THIS PROMOTION.
- Sponsor: Jostens, Inc., 7760 France Avenue South, Suite 400, Minneapolis, MN 55435 (“Sponsor”).
- Entry Period: Jostens Class of 2025 Design Challenge Contest (“Promotion”) begins at 9:00 a.m. Central Time on July 10, 2023, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central Time on September 25, 2023 (“Entry Period”).
- Eligibility: Entrants must be, as of the date of entry: (a) a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia; (b) age 13 or older (anyone between the ages of 13 and 17 or who is under the age of majority in their state of residence (a “Minor”) must obtain the permission of his or her parent or legal guardian (“Guardian”) to enter); (c) a current high school student. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies and their respective immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and those living in their same households are not eligible to enter or win this Promotion. Entry constitutes entrant’s (or the Guardian’s, in the case of a Minor) full and unconditional agreement to these official rules (“Official Rules”) and to Sponsor’s decisions. The decisions of Sponsor in regard to all matters related to this Promotion are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- How to Enter; Entry Requirements:
- During the Entry Period, entrant must log on to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YGQ7JLS to register and submit a Class of 2025 T-shirt design originally created by entrant, by completing the steps presented at that site.
- Include with your entry when you register in the SurveyMonkey link the following information about you:
- First and last name;
- Home address including city, state, and zip code;
- Email address;
- Social media handles for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook (if applicable);
- School name and address including city, state, and zip code; and
- Your high school graduation year.
- Design submissions for the Class of 2025 T-shirt design:
- Must be original artwork;
- Must include “2025” somewhere in the design;
- May include the word “Senior” or “Class of;” and
- Should not include specific individual school mascots, names or colors.
- Submit your entry to either the SurveyMonkey or by mailing your entry directly to Jostens, Inc, Attention Class of 2025 Design Challenge Contest, 7760 France Ave S. Suite 400, Minneapolis, MN 55435. Entries submitted via SurveyMonkey must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. Central Time on September 1, 2023, and entries submitted via mail must be postmarked on or before September 1, 2023 and received by Sponsor no later than September 11, 2023. Sponsor is not responsible for late or lost entries.
- If submitting more than one entry, each entry must be submitted separately, one per submission online or one per mailing envelope. Do not submit multiple entries of the same design or similar design. Failure to abide by these Official Rules may lead to disqualification.
- All Entries must not include any brand names, trademarks or recognizable imagery without the express permission of the brand or trademark owner. All Entries must not include any music or other content unless such music or other content is original and owned by the entrant or the entrant has obtained the necessary licenses and/or consents to feature such music or other content in the video and grant the rights granted to Sponsor herein to use the video. Additionally, all Entries must: (i) be in good taste and appropriate for Sponsor’s audience, in Sponsor’s sole discretion; (ii) not be obscene, indecent or otherwise offensive (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); (iii) not defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person living or deceased; (iv) not infringe, violate or misappropriate any persons or entity’s personal or proprietary rights (including copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity or other intellectual property rights); (v) not contain (a) any words, statements or images considered offensive to individuals of any age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or other protected class, or who are disabled, (b) any threats to any person, place, business, group or entity, (c) materials that promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promote discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or other protected class or disability, (d) any materials that depict illegal acts or are sexually explicit, libelous, obscene, violent, hateful or slanderous or (e) content not in keeping with Sponsor’s reputation, image; and (vi) not be owned by a third-party or be subject to any restrictions or right that would in any way limit Sponsor’s right to use the entry as permitted under these Official Rules (collectively, “Content Requirements”). Failure to comply with these Content Requirements, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is grounds for an automatic disqualification from the Contest.
- By entering the Promotion, entrant grants to Sponsor (and its licensees, successors and assigns) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from and display his/her/its entry, in whole or in part, and otherwise exploit the entry in all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in any way Sponsor sees fit, including (without limitation) entertainment, instruction/education, promotional, advertising and/or marketing purposes. In connection with all rights granted herein, Sponsor (and its licensees and assigns) shall also have the irrevocable right to incorporate the entry, in whole or in part, into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. If necessary, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the rights entrant is granting to use the entry. Entrant represents and warrants that entrant has obtained all appropriate licenses or consents necessary to grant the rights granted to Sponsor hereunder. ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT ENTRANT HAS OBTAINED ALL APPROPRIATE LICENSES AND/OR CONSENTS NECESSARY TO GRANT THE RIGHTS GRANTED TO SPONSOR HEREUNDER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY APPLICABLE MODEL RELEASES AND ANY RELEASES RELATED TO MUSIC FEATURED IN THE ENTRY) AND WILL INDEMNIFY SPONSOR FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM ENTRANT’S FAILURE TO DO SO.
- Unlimited entries allowed. If submitting more than one entry, each entry must be submitted separately, one per submission online or one per mailing envelope. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of delivery of entry during the Entry Period. The computer clock of the Sponsor hosting the Promotion is the official timekeeping device. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or entries that do not fully comply with these Official Rules or which subvert the entry process, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will not be eligible.
- By entering the Promotion, entrant grants Sponsor permission to post, share and/or publish entrant’s submitted video and entrant information on the Jostens website and its social media pages.
- Selection and Notification of Winner:
One (1) potential prize winner (“Potential Winner”) will be selected on or around October 23, 2023, from among all eligible entries.
A panel of three (3) judges, chosen by Sponsor, will judge the entries and choose a winner based on the following criteria:
- Originality such as clever phrasing and or graphic design;
- Message and/or imagery that show a connection to the Class of 2025;
- How well the entrant’s design celebrates the class of 2025 (should not include specific individual school mascots, names or colors); and
Decisions of Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Promotion. Potential Winner will be contacted by direct message, email and/or telephone or similar means once. Decisions of Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Promotion. If a Potential Winner does not timely respond, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules, or declines to accept any prize, the Potential Winners may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on the judging criteria.
In the event that a Potential Winner does not respond to Sponsor’s initial notification and meet all eligibility requirements within seventy-two (72) hours, or if prize/prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such Potential Winner and select an alternate Potential Winner (in which case the initial Potential Winner will forfeit his or her prize). In the event that three (3) or more Potential Winners (with respect to the same prize) do not respond to Sponsor’s initial notification and meet all eligibility requirements within seventy-two (72) hours, or if the prize/prize notification to three (3) or more Potential Winners (with respect to the same prize) is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor will not be obligated to select any additional alternate Potential Winner, and if Sponsor so elects, that prize will not be awarded. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
The following prize, along with its respective approximate retail value (“ARV”), is available to be awarded:
- One (1) prize consisting of a gift card or check in the amount of $1,000.00
Total ARV of prize: $1,000.00 US dollars.
In the event a Potential Winner cannot or declines to accept a prize as stated, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such Potential Winner and choose an alternate Potential Winner. In the event that three (3) or more Potential Winners (with respect to the same prize) cannot or decline to accept a prize as stated, Sponsor will not be obligated to select any additional alternate Potential Winner, and if Sponsor so elects, that prize will not be awarded.
In coordination with the winner and the winner’s school, Sponsor may elect to have its authorized representative personally present the winner with the prize at the winner’s school. In such case, the date, time, and location of the presentation of the prize to the winner will be coordinated and mutually agreed among the Sponsor, the winner, and the winner’s school.
Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer any prize or redeem any prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Any difference between approximate retail value and actual value of any prize will not be awarded. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- General Conditions: Neither Sponsor nor its agents are responsible for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries or other errors of any kind, including (without limitation) incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information. Neither Sponsor nor its agents are responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Promotion, whether human, computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing or otherwise, including (without limitation) errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing or judging of entries or the announcement of the prizes or that may occur in any Promotion-related materials or limit prize fulfillment or a participant’s ability to enter the Promotion. Sponsor further assumes no liability for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Promotion for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants, entrants and/or winner. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Promotion should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Promotion or should any portion of the Promotion be compromised for any reason. By way of illustration and not limitation, Sponsor may at its sole discretion select winner from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor in the event of such compromise or corruption. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant (and void his/her/its entry) who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion or violates these Official Rules.
Each entrant or Guardian in the case of a minor, by entering the Promotion, agrees (a) to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective past and present directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from and for any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property (including without limitation death; claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; and any claims based on a violation of a third party’s intellectual property rights), resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in this Promotion or in any related activity or entrant’s acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize, including without limitation entrant’s failure to comply with the Content Requirements and (b) if such entrant becomes a winner, by acceptance of a prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and those acting pursuant to its authority (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing upon request) to use, as applicable, his/her/its name, photograph, likeness, voice, location and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without any further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and/or World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
Entrants or Guardians in the case of a minor, represent and warrant that neither their participation in this Promotion nor acceptance of any prize awarded herein shall be in violation of any federal, state, provincial or local law or rule or any applicable school district/board or school rule or regulation.
Each winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Winner agrees to fully cooperate in complying with applicable governmental reporting requirements. If requested by Sponsor, the Potential Winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the winner being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner from remaining eligible entries.
If a Potential Winner is determined to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules for any reason, such Potential Winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Potential Winner selected and notified.
All entries must be submitted in the name an individual, and prizes will only be awarded to the individual whose name is on each winning entry, regardless of other circumstances. In the event of a dispute over the identity of any Potential Winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the account used for entry, and Potential Winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she/it is the authorized account holder.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Promotion at any time and substitute another promotion in its place.
Failure by Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at any stage of the Promotion does not constitute a waiver of such rights.
- Disputes: Each entrant or guardian in the case of a minor, agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota. Section and paragraph headings are included only for convenience and shall not affect the interpretation of any of the provisions of these Official Rules.
- Winner List: The name of the winner may be obtained by sending a written request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to Jostens, Inc., Attn: Class of 2025 Design Contest, 7760 France Avenue, Suite 400, Minneapolis, MN 55435. Requests must be received by June 23, 2024. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
© Jostens, Inc. 2023. All rights reserved. Promotion entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the entrant’s personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.