Yearbook Ads FAQs
Additional technical questions please click here to email our Ad Service team or call us at 800-358-0800 (Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM CST).
Please view this video for a step-by-step guide on how-to create your ad using our ad builder.
Or click here to view our quick start guide.
What browser should I be using?
- The latest version of Chrome (recommended), Safari or Edge?
- If you have additional issues, please be sure to clear your cache using the steps below.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
What are the guidelines for uploading photos?
- Must be JPEG or PNG image format (.jpg, .jpeg or .png). JPEG is recommended.
- No TIFF files, HEIC format files (iPhone only format), social media images or screen shots (they are low resolution) or watermarked images
- If uploading an image from a mobile device, please use actual image size.
- Low resolution images will be rejected in the designer to ensure the best quality images.
- Minimum of 107 DPI (dots per inch), we recommend 300 DPI to size.
- Maximum image size 20MB
- Must be RGB or Grayscale
- If an image appears blurry or pixelated on your screen, please be aware it will print that way in the book.
What if I only have HEIC (iPhone only format) images?
If you would like to use a HEIC photo, we recommend doing a web search for a "HEIC to JPEG converter" prior to uploading images to the designer. Once your image is converted to a JPEG, you will be able to upload this image.
How do I zoom, crop, or reposition my photo once it's placed in a photo box?
- Once a photo has been placed in a photo box, you may zoom/crop a photo by double clicking and dragging a corner to resize the photo.
- You can also reposition a photo within a photo box by double clicking and dragging the placed photo to your new desired position within the photo frame.
How do I remove an image from my layout?
You can remove a photo from your layout by selecting the photo and clicking the delete key on your keyboard.
I got an error message stating I exceeded the text limit of the text box. What should I do?
The Ad Designer reduces the font size as you type to allow the maximum amount of text to fit in the allotted area. If you get a text limit message, you must use the delete or backspace key to delete some text since the font size has already been reduced as much as possible. Different fonts allow for a different number of characters so you can also try using a different font.
Can I change my ad size and/or layout without losing my photos and text?
Yes. If you choose a different size and layout during your design session, your text and photos will fit into the new selected layout without losing your work. Please be aware the photos may need to be re-positioned and cropped. To save your ad, click on the Save Draft button on the toolbar of the Ad Designer. Be sure to submit your ad before the stated deadline, after this date your ad will be removed from our system.
How do I create an ad with a customized layout or a text only layout?
- In order to fit the page correctly in your specific school's yearbook contact our Ad Service team at 800-358-0800.
- Create your image at the specific size at 300 DPI.
- Save your final artwork as a JPEG.
- Choose the single photo template for the size Ad you want to purchase.
- Click on the Add Photo button and select your JPEG file.
- Select and drag the JPEG file into the photo box.
- Follow the process to checkout.
Can I save my photos and text and return to complete the ad at a later date?
Yes, but your ad needs to be purchased prior to your school's deadline which is posted on the ad designer toolbar. To access any saved work, sign into your account > click on cart > click edit
What does "This offer expires in X days" mean?
This information counts down the number of days you have remaining to complete and purchase your ad. If you do not purchase your ad by the school's offer deadline, your saved work will be lost and the ad will not appear in the yearbook. If your school offers more than one deadline (price point), the days remaining are until the next deadline date. At this time, your work will be lost so make sure to complete your ad by the deadline stated on the website.
After I submit and pay for my ad, can I go back and make edits?
No. Once you submit your ad, the ad is sent to the school to be placed on the page. You are not able to make additional edits once you have paid and submitted your ad. Please proofread your work carefully before purchasing your ad.
How does the school use the revenue from my ad?
The revenue from your ad is used by the school to support the yearbook and help keep it affordable for everyone.
Will my ad print as it is submitted in the yearbook?
The school reserves the right to edit or reject ads based on guidelines agreed to by purchaser before check out. Please read all guidelines when prompted to accept and agree.
Will my ad appear in my student's yearbook?
Yes, your recognition ad will be included in the yearbook. It will not be mailed to your home unless you chose the option to purchase a print or framed copy.
Can I create and purchase an ad from my mobile device.
Yes, however using a computer is strongly encouraged for the best user experience.
Who can I contact if I'm having technical difficulties?
Please click here to email our Ad Service team or call us at 800-358-0800 (Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM CST).
How can I order a yearbook?
Click here to order your yearbook now. You can also order by calling 1-877-767-5217 (Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM CST).